My week in reading:
- 1 Finished: The Rook by Daniel O’Malley, an AWESOME book that was recommended to me, and that I now recommend to you.
- 4 Being Read:
- Lost and Found by Brooke Davis, which my best friend Jazmyne wanted to read– although when she told me about it I heard had read instead of wanted to read, so I got a copy and will be giving it to her shortly.
- Slowly making my way through The Lord of the Rings, before I watch any of the movies (I know, I know, you can stop throwing tomatoes at me). So far I’ve finished the Fellowship of the Ring and have seen the movie, and yes, I think they’re super amazing.
- Also in the stack are The Warrior Queens by Antonia Fraser and
- Unnatural Creatures, a book of short stories collected by the fantastical Neil Gaiman.
- 5 More to Read:
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs– finally got my hands on a copy.
- The Cuckoo’s Calling by
not J.K RowlingRobert Galbraith, see entry for Miss Peregrine’s above.
- That is All by John Hodgman, because I was curious.
- Napoleon’s Wars by Charles Esdaile.
- And 1775: A Good Year for a Revolution by Kevin Phillips, which I forgot to put in the stack (oops).
Isn’t it funny how the “To Read” pile is always longer than the “Finished” pile? Always. I think being walking distance from a bookstore isn’t such a good idea… but oh well. MORE BOOKS!
Oh, and Jazmyne also sent me a gift in the mail (EVEN MORE BOOKS!):
So, read anything good lately?